Why You Need a Truck Accident Lawyer
Trucking companies have entire teams of lawyers on the payroll to help them avoid paying after an accident. You need a truck accident lawyer who knows their tactics and can take the fight to them. Here are some examples of what a truck accident lawyer can do for you:
- Identify Trucking Company Negligence: Under the law, a trucking company or driver is negligent when they do not use the same reasonable care that another company or driver would. For instance, if a trucking company didn’t review a driver’s record or ask them to undergo a physical, they are not using the same care in their hiring practices that another company would. If that driver then causes an accident, the trucking company could be considered negligent by letting them drive to begin with. On the other hand, there are times where the employer is liable for the negligence of the employee simply because the person was involved in work when they caused your or a loved one’s injuries. This is just one example of the many complicated ways negligence can contribute to a trucking accident.
- Collect Evidence: If the attorney suspects negligence has played a role in your injury, they will know how to explore the details further and collect the facts of your case. Strategies to collect truck accident evidence include:
- Getting access to the truck’s black box data
- Medical records, driving records, and hiring information
- Manufacturing and maintenance information
- Eyewitness interviews
- Accident reconstruction
- Preserving the scene of the accident
- Negotiate With Insurance: A truck accident lawyer can negotiate with every relevant insurer in the case, including your insurance company. This can help you achieve a successful settlement with a greater payout than you could negotiate on your own.
- Take Your Trucking Injury Case to Court: Lastly, if the support and mediation of your attorney is not enough to help you feel justice has been served, they can take your case to court and argue on your behalf in front of the jury.
In short, you need a truck accident lawyer to help fully explore the details of your case and fight for you to get justice.
How Do I Find a Good Truck Accident Lawyer?
Finding a good truck accident lawyer might require setting up a few free consultations to hear what different experts have to say about the strength of your case. No two cases are alike, and no two attorneys are alike either. A good lawyer will not just have experience with trucking accident injury cases, but also have a personality and communication style that suits you and makes you feel confident that you can trust them.
If you are comfortable, you can ask friends, family, or colleagues for referrals to attorneys they know have done a good job in the past. Remember that social media posts asking for referrals could harm the strength of your case if you share too many details. However, social media can be a great place to read reviews of your potential attorney and see what experiences others have shared after their cases are resolved.
Broadwing Legal: Top Indiana Lawyers for Truck Accidents
The attorneys at Broadwing Legal have decades of experience representing injured parties in truck accident cases, including passenger car occupants, pedestrians, and even truck drivers who were victims of injury caused by others’ negligence. We have the determination, talent, experience, and compassion to see these cases through to the end, even if achieving justice means years of effort. That’s because we know our work is essential to helping people injured by negligence start the next chapter of life. We focus on you and your case, and what you need, not our paycheck.
Contact Broadwing Legal for a free consultation with a truck accident lawyer, and meet the legal team whose passion is standing up for you and getting you justice.